A Hint of Wicked by Jennifer Haymore (2009)

HISTORICAL: European Historical Romance
SETTING: England 1823
HEROINE: 30 year old married mother

Sophie, the Duchess of Calton, has finally moved on. After seven years mourning the loss of her husband, Garrett, at Waterloo, she has married his cousin and heir, Tristan. Sophie gives herself to him body and soul. . . until the day Garrett returns from the Continent, demanding his title, his lands-and his wife. Now Sophie must choose between her first love and her new love, knowing that no matter what, her choice will destroy one of the men she adores. Will it be Garrett, her childhood sweetheart, whose loss nearly destroyed her once already? Or will it be Tristan, beloved friend turned lover, who supported her through the last, dark years and introduced her to a passion she had never known? As her two husbands battle for her heart, Sophie finds herself immersed in a dangerous game-where the stakes are not only love . . . but life and death.

3 Reviews:

This Blog said...

Dear Author's Jennie reviews A Hint of Wicked by Jennifer Haymore

Sophie feels slightly more fully drawn than Garrett or Tristan, perhaps partly because her feelings upon Garrett’s return are so complicated. She felt anachronistic to me in some of her emotions and actions. But I appreciated very much that you created a heroine who really was torn. I also appreciated that you allowed her to have sexual feelings for both men; I always live in hope that romance will someday permanently overcome the heroine arousal=true love equation. (read more)

This Blog said...

Love Romance Passion reviews A Hint of Wicked by Jennifer Haymore

I’ll be the first to tell you I’m not a fan of the love triangle for many reasons. The first and foremost reason is because I feel it’s just a ploy by an author to fuel the angst and drama of a mediocre story. Haymore proves me wrong. She does not do this. The love triangle is a valid part of the plot and wholly integral with the storyline. She approaches the love triangle in a very unique manner. I don’t want to spoil anyone, because it’s so different than anything I’ve encountered before in my readings. (read more)

This Blog said...

AAR's Rike Horstmann reviews A Hint of Wicked by Jennifer Haymore

All in all I liked A Hint of Wicked a lot, and read it in one sitting. While it was a bit wallpaper-y, I found its treatment of human emotions refreshingly honest – sometimes feelings are just not clear-cut, and it was great to see this discussed here. So you should consider your inner moral/romantic scale before you buy it, but if you can handle the ethical issues, you are in for a pleasant and gripping read. (read more)

Comment feed for this post

Post a review

A simple I love it or Hate it, won't be accepted.